More than 50 Massachusetts breweries will converge on Worcester Common later this month, many of which will be pouring exclusive collaboration beers.
This is the third consecutive year that the Mass Brewers Guild has hosted a beer festival in Worcester. This year’s twist comes from participating breweries bringing a collab or two. You’ve obviously got to try them all, but here are five can’t-miss concoctions.
If you go:
Saturday, Sept. 21
455 Main St.
1. Worcester’s five breweries — Redemption Rock Brewing Co., Greater Good Imperial Brewing Co., Wormtown Brewery, 3cross Fermentation Cooperative, and Flying Dreams Brewing Co. — have come together to create the “Snoopy Cap,” a coffee brown ale created using coffee from Worcester’s Acoustic Java Roastery.
2. Cambridge Brewing Co., has brewed two collaboration beers with two different breweries. The first is an India Pale Lager with Wormtown Brewery featuring Pilsner and Vienna malts and an experimental hop variety from South Africa currently known as XJ A2/436.
3. For the second beer, CBC partners up with Redemption Rock Brewery to make an IPA called Ultimate Frisbie Hoar. It’s named after an ancestor of CBC’s head brewer Alex Swensen, who was a prominent lawyer and politician in Worcester and who served in both houses of Congress.
4. For fans of the funk, Saltbox Brewery and Bone Up Brewing Co. teamed up to brew a farmhouse ale with honey and muskmelon grown at Saltbox Farm.
5. Meanwhile, Big Elm, The People’s Pint, and Brew Practitioners have made a festbier with Four Star Hops, Turner Hill Malt, and Valley Malt.
This single-session event will also feature food trucks, yard games, a Stump Trivia game where attendees can win prizes, and more.
Check out the other confirmed collaborations that’ll be available at the festival below:
- Amherst Brewing Co. & Night Shift Brewing
- Big Elm & The People’s Pint
- Bone Up & Saltbox Brewery
- Cambridge Brewing Co. & Wormtown Brewery
- Cambridge Brewing & Redemption Rock
- Castle Island & Medusa
- Channel Marker & Bent Water
- CraftRoots & Berkshire Brewing
- Idle Hands & Brato Brew House
- Moon Hill & Berkshire Brewing Co.
- New City Brewing & Abandoned Building Brewery
- Flying Dreams + Off The Cuff Brewing Co.
- Night Shift & Springdale
- Stellwagen & 3cross Fermentation
- The People’s Pint & Holyoke Craft Beer
- Two Weeks Notice & Vanished Valley
- Wachusett Brewing Co. & Stone Cow
- Big Elm & The People’s Pint & Brew Practitioners
- Redemption Rock Brewing Co. & Greater Good Imperial Brewing Co. & Wormtown Brewery & 3cross Fermentation Cooperative & Flying Dreams Brewing Co.
- Greater Good Imperial Brewing Co. + Canned Heat
- Off The Cuff Brewing Co. + The People’s Pint
Photos by Ruby Wallau 2018