Mass Beer Week has returned for another round — it’s first in the COVID era — with a weeklong celebration shining a bright light on the amazing craft beer brewed in the Commonwealth.
Whether you’re looking to go out and celebrate or kick back on the couch, it’s easy to enjoy your favorite Massachusetts beers all week long from March 6–13. Check out all the festivities, from virtual and in-person events to can releases and everything in between, at MassBeerWeek.com. You can even pour your celebratory beers into this exclusive pint glass, only available at select breweries across the state.
To get your hands on a glass down in Southeastern Mass, head over to Anawan Brewing Co., Buzzards Bay Brewing, Moby Dick Brewing Co., or Shovel Town Brewery.
Meanwhile, our friends the Mass Brew Bros are once again hosting their Mass Beer Week photo contest. Take a photo of your favorite Massachusetts-brewed beer and tag the brewery, @massbeerweek, and include #massbeerweek2021 in your post to be entered to win a custom sign from Montfort Misfits painted by local artist Brian Egger or a number of other prize packages.
That’s not all Rob and Bob have brewing. They’ve teamed up with White Lion Brewing Company and Two Weeks Notice Brewing Co. for the release of Cerealously Frooty – a lactose-free milkshake IPA made with fruity cereal, oat milk, and berries.
Cans will be released at White Lion’s Springfield brewery March 10 and will also be available via their distribution accounts throughout the state. A draft release party is being planned for Two Weeks Notice’s West Springfield brewery on March 13.
Closer to home
There are lots of event going on all over the Commonwealth with plenty more expected to be announced throughout this week. Here’s a look at what’s on tap for Southeastern Mass. (This list will be updated as events are announced):
- Moby Dick Brewing is putting the finished touches on its Captain Bildad’s Imperial Stout that’s been aging in Bully Boy Whiskey barrel since February 2020. A limited amount will be available on draft throughout the week.
- March 6 – IndieFerm is reopening its Beer Garden for the season. They’ll be pouring their Irish Riviera Red Ale and a new collaboration IPA with 42nd Parallel Brewing from Kingston.
- March 8-12 – Meet the Brewers Freshman Class 2021. Tune in every night at 7 p.m. to hear from four of the latest breweries to join the MA craft beer family hosted by some of our favorite beer people!
- March 11 – Cape Cod Beer is releasing Shillelagh, an Irish pale ale
- March 12-14 – Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day Weekend with Cape Cod Beer. The beers will be flowing alongside Irish pub food served up by JP’s Twisted BBQ. Plus, don’t miss a performance by The Pourmen on Saturday afternoon!